Peter ten Dijke is a professor of Molecular Cell Biology at Leiden University, the Netherlands. Professor's laboratory under his guidance studies the molecular mechanisms by which TGF- β members elicit their cellular effects via (co)receptors and intracellular SMAD effectors, and how subverted TGF- β family signaling is involved in cancer, vascular and bone diseases.
In a series of lectures, Professor Peter ten Dijke sheds light on the following topics:
1. Cellular communication and signal transduction;
2. Molecular and cellular basis of cancer;
3. From rare high bone diseases to therapies to osteoporosis;
4. Targeting TGF-beta for cancer therapy;
5. Targeting BMP signaling in cardiovascular diseases;
6. Targeting the immune system to treat cancer patients.
The next lecture is scheduled in two weeks, please, follow the updates on University website.